Happy New Year:)
Journal #20: The New Year's...
All I could do is wait eagerly, popping as much fireworks I can. I was anxious, excited, in awe, for a new decade would come about in just a few hours. Outside my house, I see explosions of fireworks with it's screeching and booming sounds that capture my attention. As 2009 slowly comes to an end, I start grabbing my own, lighting up the fireworks with my family along-side as we all "oooh" and "awe" with its crackling sound, and its splattering lights that are bright and colorful. Time's closing and 2009 comes to an end and a new year emerges. Finally! Bottle rockets and aerials are seen everywhere, catching my attention with every boom sound they make. It adds onto the thick smoke that fills the air, and adding onto the smiles that lie on my family's and my face. I get my camera to capture the moment. Who knows what new opportunities 2010 will offer???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Traci,
ReplyDeleteYou've got some good specifics (like "bottle rockets and aerials") in your paragraph. Other details (like what are the specific colors that are "bright and colorful"?) could be more specific. For every "anxious, excited, in awe" try to provide the specific "say it, prove it" detail that would make it come to life.
Last, remember that we were working on titling techniques? You needed a title for the piece that showed you understood and could apply those techniques.
assessment score: 2/3
mrs s