Allusion Poem and Graphic(Final)


Her own priorities is her motivation
She is impersonal and intellectual
She thinks about her own good
She is focused and practical
Like how a person with wisdom should

Creativity is a key to her moderation
She makes different crafts
She cooks different foods
She makes beautiful, useful things
For everyone to use

She doesn't let anyone belittle her
When she loses
She loses her temper
But keeps in mind her kindness
And everything’s all better

Doing what is right is significant
She is rewarding
Yet she is punishing
She is always fair
And she is very dashing

When people need her help,
She is always there
She helps them seek wisdom
She cares about the people
As if it were written

1 comment:

  1. Reflection:::

    For my mythological poem, I wanted to choose a goddess who resembled me as a strong, smart, kind, and creative person. It was difficult to find that certain goddess that had those same characteristics that described me. I just kept searching and reading about all these different gods and goddesses all over the internet. Then, I came across a goddess named Athena. When I read about Athena, her story opened my eyes. I thought that Athena would have been a perfect allusion for me. And it is! She is kind to everyone but sometimes she loses her temper especially when she feels she has lost and wasn’t a victor anymore. She definitely doesn’t like losing and I don’t like losing. She knows right from wrong and has such powerful wisdom that motivates other people to use that wisdom and reason with the actions they make. I think I influence others in that same way. When I do something good and out of the ordinary, some people want to do that same thing as me because they too, want to do some good actions. She loved doing crafts and she loved cooking. For me, I enjoy working with my hands and different things as well. I enjoy cooking a lot and crocheting and knitting. Overall, I could see the same characteristics I read about Athena inside of me. For my poem, I really wanted to make my poem rhyme in every single stanza. For me, making poems rhyme makes reading so much fun. Rhyming is a way to show my creativity. I wanted my poem to mean something and be “to the point” at the same time. After writing my first draft, I had to be more specific. I wanted to add more dept into the poem without changing the whole rhyming scheme I had going on. So in my final poem, I kept a slight rhyme at the end of each stanza and had put more description in each stanza. For my graphic, I kept in mind Athena and myself combined. I highlighted Athena’s emblems and I show off who I am at the same time. There was that feeling of Athena’s character and my character in the graphic. I used the blending tool a lot in the graphic to make the images blend in together without looking choppy. I also used a glowing tool to make the outline of myself stand out of all the other images that are there. I add a medal to show that I am a winner and I seek for victory and I also added hearts to show my love for others and the wisdom I have. I implemented the words, “wisdom” and “victory” in my graphic. These words have a meaning behind. The two words say a lot about Athena and me that we both know right from wrong and we like winning. They are just two words that stand out yet define the allusion. The poem and graphic helps me appreciate the good characteristics in others. It makes motivated to be like the goddesses because they are so well-mannered. It makes me feel that in some way I am a goddess in the little actions I do. The poem shows that everyone has the same characteristics as other gods and characters. It makes me aware of the fact that the world and its people have their own illusions and myths behind them.

    ReplyDelete