Fried won ton wrappers combined with creamy and sweet white chocolate creates an enormous amount of flavor. They are a perfect snack that is filled with a perfect amount of crunch and sweetness in one bite.
I heard the sizzling sounds of something frying in the deep fryer. As I extended my head and peeked into the kitchen to see what was frying, I saw won ton wrappers that my dad was cooking in the deep fryer while my mom was on the other part of the kitchen folding won ton wrappers into a bow-like shaped chip.
It was at that time when I asked my parents, "What are you making?"
"We're making a snack-- fried won ton wrappers with white chocolate." My mom and dad replied with a smile.
I leaned over to see the cooked won ton wrappers that my dad placed on the side over paper towels on a plate. The won ton wrappers looked firm and golden brown. It also had little holes and air bubbles on it from frying it in the hot oil. When my dad and mom were not looking, I snapped a piece of the fried won ton wrappers. While still a little warm, I tasted the wrapper with a dreadful look on my face. Even though with an appetizing look, the won ton wrapper had no flavor or taste at all. It was just a plain chip with no personality or zing in its flavor.
With my displayed horrific look on my face, mom had added, "Don't eat it yet. There's no taste. We have to put chocolate on it first, and then you can eat it."
I smirked under my breath as I felt embarrassed of tasting something that was not to be eaten yet.
My dad was in the pantry, and I, took a peek on what more ingredients he was going to get. At that time, I had feasted my eyes on a bag of white chocolate chips my dad carried to the stove. As he opened the bag of chocolate, my mom prepared a double boiler that consisted of a heat-safe bowl on top of a pot of boiling water. There, my dad poured the white chocolate chips in the boiler. From that moment, I could smell chocolate heaven lingering into my nose. It was that same exact aroma of fudge brownies baking in the oven, but this time, it was two times better than that. The smell of that white chocolate slowly melting was so angelic that I wanted to get my fingers the bowl of chocolate and savor it from there.
My mom gathered the fried won ton wrappers with their golden brown color, and she slowly drizzled the melted white chocolate onto the cooled won ton wrappers. She drizzled the chocolate in a way that made me want to grab a fried won ton with chocolate and endure the taste of it already. However, as my mom said, I could not eat this snack until the chocolate was almost hardened. After minutes of waiting, I immediately tasted my first bite of this white chocolate snack. The sensational "mmmm" occurred when I took my first bite.
"You like it, yeah? Does it taste good? It is usually made with sugar, but it tastes better with chocolate, yeah," my dad questioned me.
As I crunched and munched onto the best white chocolate snack ever, I did not answer back to my dad with words, expressing my positive opinions on this snack. Even so, the look on my face that formed a smile said it all.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteIt's a good stowyline. has a good beginning and end and it sounds delish. the word choice is absolutely fabulous and wandahfool. what's worse is period 5 is before lunch so i'm already hungry enough!!! however, i'd eat that.
ReplyDeleteHi Traci,
ReplyDeleteI agree with Joseph that your essay conveys the great taste of your food :)
What I'd suggest you work on in the revision, is word choice.
here is a copy paste from your draft:
With my displayed horrific look on my face, mom had added, "Don't eat it yet. There's no taste. We have to put chocolate on it first, and then you can eat it."
I smirked under my breath as I felt embarrassed of tasting something that was not to be eaten yet.
Notice how there's more explaining of your feelings than actual description of your feelings and mood?
mrs s