Journal #1-Writing Experience and Goals

My name is Traci Sahagun. Writing is something in which I can be myself in. It has been part of my life for a very long time. I started writing when I was just starting school as a child with short and simple sentences. But as I got older and older, I have developed to write more and more sentences and paragraphs. When it came to middle school, I came to be really familiar in the art of writing. I always had to write as many essays, responses, parapgraphs, personal writings during this time. My middle school english teacher always pushed me to write and write and write and to never get tired of it. The more I was involved in the use of writing, the more I became fond of it. Gladly to say, I do like to to do writing. I mostly enjoy writing personal narratives because I get to be more myself in it by writing about me.
Although I may have some kind of experience in writing, I also have a few goals as well. The use of words in a peice of writing is important so that that writing piece can have a clearer picture of settimg, theme, plot, and more. Without a great use of words that are vivid and clear is a writing of nothing. It would be a plain old peice of writing that is boring. That is why my goal for writing is to engage in having a better use of languafe that is vivid and clear to make my writing much more meaningful.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Traci,

    Very thorough job of describing your writing experience and goals. It sounds as if you’ve had some great experience and practice at writing. And, your goal of improved word choice is a good one; it is definitely the key to strong writing!

    Here are my comments on your writing pre-assessment: You present the piano recital experience clearly from beginning to end. To make the piece “come alive” though, you need to provide more specific detail. What details would describe the audience? The mall? Your parents and sister in the audience, supporting you?

    For your idea bank: you’ve got a lot of emotions listed, but the bank would be more useful if you also included details about others involved in the situations and the setting or location of the action.

    mrs s

    ReplyDelete